Saturday, July 24, 2010

Markov Algorithm Sudoku Solver

I thought that I should start off slowly, to give people an introduction to the general topic, to allow people to warm up to this blog and not put people off right from the start.

I quickly shelved this idea, and decided to instead show something hideously complicated.

Please find here my 458-rule Markov Algorithm for solving sudoku's. Given is an example input. The Algorithm solves this input in 6,525,264 iterations. Your mileage may vary.

Eventually in this blog, I will explain how this Markov Algorithm works. Note that it does not use any sophisticated Sudoku-solving techniques, but just trial and error.

I will give a full description of Markov Algorithms later, but for now you can see more details on the Sphere Online Judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment